Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Easter

Happy Easter.  It should be sunny and warm, but it isn't. Winter is still hanging on in England, so our Easter Egg hunt will have to be in the house.
I made this wreath yesterday to hang on the wall next to the front door. ( It looks so bare once the Christmas wreath is gone.) The wreath was quite easy to make, and if I had been more organised, I could have done a tutorial.






Too late now, but for future reference, it's easy.

 I got an oasis wreath from my florist and soaked it for an hour.  Then Hubby and I 'pruned' the privet hedge for some greenery.  I snipped those into small pieces and pushed them into the wreath at an angle, being careful to cover the whole thing.  Next I pushed some small flowers in, then added the (plastic) eggs with a ribbon to hang the wreath from.  It took less than an hour. Very effective as long as we don't have a very strong wind.


We will be celebrating Easter with our children.  The menu is turkey, chestnut stuffing, roast potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and broccoli.  (Sounds like Thanksgiving?  You're right.) The turkey was in the freezer, begging to be cooked.
Dessert is courtesy of Marks and Spencer.  Apricot and almond tart and cheesecake.  The pastry chef is having a day off.

Happy Easter


No comments:

Post a Comment