Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Circus Quilt is Finished


 The aargh moment passed and although it is quite bright, I like this quilt.  My daughter redeemed it for me when she named it the Circus Quilt.  Thinking of all those bright colours and triangular shapes does remind me of a circus tent and bunting flying from the guide wires.

I decided to trim it with the bright pink to emphasise the colour rather than tone it down - impossible anyway.

Even Feed Foot

This little gadget made it all the easier to finish the quilt because it stops the machine pushing the top layer along faster than the bottom layer.  Unfortunately I did not have it until I was ready to do the binding and it was a real struggle to sew through two layers of fabric and medium weight wadding.  The man at Wimbledon Sewing Machines is a real genius with machines and managed to find one that would work on my machine.  It even has a quilting guide.





Can't wait to get started on the next one.  I splurged and bought a Liberty jelly roll.  Very subdued.


Watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this looks really gorgeous. Love the binding - it sets it off really well. The sewing foot is an interesting item - will check it out.

    ReplyDelete