Friday 18 January 2013

Crafty Books, Happy Reading and Making

Cath Kidston.  All about needlepoint and cross stitch.

Craft books are among my favourites. Like cookbooks, I love to read them and dream about what I might do next. I was lucky enough to get some for Christmas.
This first lot from a friend is a set  of books by Cath Kidston.  Each book is about a different technique and there is an added bonus of a bag, cut out and ready to make.  I want to try them all RIGHT NOW.

A needlepoint project which would be quite useful as I lose glasses cases regularly.
Hopefully, I would hang on to this one.


Now we're talking.  How to use up some of my surplus fabrics.




A bag that would be fun to make.  

This combines two of my favourites: patchwork and bag making.


All sorts of easy sewing projects.




An beautiful, quilted hot water bottle cover.  Perfect for the current weather.


An added bonus.
A kit for a bag, cut out and including haberdashery.



'Chic on a Shoestring' by Mary Jane Baxter.  Perfect for hoarders and 'Make Do and Mend'. It is full of ideas to embellish your wardrobe, including bags, belts, jewellery and hats. Lots of fun to be had here.

A gift from my daughter who knows how much I love this sort of thing.



Inspired by paste jewellery of the 1950's,
this stunning necklace is made of  stones, sequins and old jewellery bits.



'Cabbages and Roses, Home-Made Vintage' by Christina Strutt with photographs by Lucinda Symons is a perfect example of what an ideal blog would look like. This book is full of ideas for the home.  Gorgeous fabrics and beautiful projects for room dressing and gift giving.

Lovely cover.




I am not a toy maker, but I could succumb to this one.



Ordinary, household things look beautiful in this book.


Finally, 'Homemade Gifts Vintage Style' by Sarah Moore, who is currently featured in 'Country Living' Magazine, where she has been showing how to make beautiful things. I have been following her series avidly as I am lucky enough to have a subscription to the magazine. The book includes cushions to corsages and Valentines projects to Christmas decorations.

Another captivating cover

Who wouldn't want a Linen Cupboard that looks like this.

1 comment:

  1. I too love craft books. Sadly while spending time drooling over the contents absolutely nothing gets crafted. x

    ReplyDelete