- I made skinny hearts by cutting out a paper pattern then tracing the pattern onto another piece of paper and adding 1/4" seam allowance. Keep both patterns.
- Using the larger pattern, cut out two hearts from each colour of fabric.
- Machine stitch each heart with right sides together leaving a gap for turning along one straight edge.
- Clip the seams (a bit like making fringe), then turn the hearts right side out, press them and stuff them with two layers of wadding.
- One layer of wadding can be cut from the original pattern (without the seam allowance) and the other layer should be a little smaller to give the centre a bit more puff.
- Hand stitch the hearts closed and then add buttons to each one making them look like tiny waistcoats.
- I sewed 1/3 metre of ribbon to the top of each one, then tied them onto a longer piece of ribbon, making 1/2 bow loops for hanging.
The skinny hearts make me smile and I hope they will make my friend smile too.