Pretty puff ball brooches
- First unpick the ties by hand and remove the interfacing and lining. Then press them flat, taking care to use a low setting on your iron.
- Cut three circles: one 8 1/2 inches in diameter, one 6 1/4 inches and one 3 inches in diameter. I got the maximum number of circles out of each tie before cutting out complementary coloured circles.
- Iron a small circle of interfacing to the inside centre of the largest circles. This will make it easier to attach the brooch pins.
- By hand run a gathering stitch around the edge of each circle, then gather them ensuring that the right side of the fabric is on the outside.
- Stitch the circles together, attaching each layer firmly.
- Add a pretty button to finish off the flower.
- Stitch a brooch pin near the top of the back.
Add a pretty button to finish each flower
Stitch on a brooch pin.