|My wearable toile,|
made from a Batik cotton,
What I learned from this toile is that the neckline is too wide and the sleeves are a little too short. I was also not happy with the narrow hems and the finish of the neckline, for which I used bias binding. (Just call me Mrs Fussy.) So I intend to make another wearable toile (start to finish it only takes about two hours, and I am slow) and get the finish absolutely correct before I make the final garment. The joy of this is that I will have TWO new tops for summer and who wouldn't be happy about that.
For the my next toile, I will add one inch to the sleeves (otherwise, I might distort the fit) and cut a proper facing for the neck. Watch this space to see my progress.
The fabric I want to use eventually is a beautiful ivory polyester crepe from Minerva Crafts. I want something classic and packable that will look good under a jacket for my trip to Russia in May so I better get cracking on the second toile today!
|This is the original pattern. Simple, but effective.|