My newer Toyota, which I usually prefer to use, has a walking foot (even feed), but it does not have a long stitch. It has two settings for straight stitching and one is small and the other is tiny! Having done a few rows with it, I decided to try the Bernina. I was worried that it might bunch or push the fabric, but so far so good. That may be because I took the 'belt and braces' approach and pinned the quilt with large safety pins and then tacked (basted) it every two rows. Lots of extra pins kept it in place while I stitched.
|Pinned and tacked|
|A Satisfying Puffiness|
|First panel stitched. Hooray.|
|Good old Bernina.|